Over the last few years, Software as a Service (SaaS) has become a compelling and credible delivery model for business applications. SaaS, also referred to as “On-Demand” or “Cloud Computing”, eliminates many of the barriers that keep companies from implementing or upgrading their software, and can help you reduce costs. More importantly, it enables you to focus on your core business operations instead of managing IT. So Cloud-based ERP may be right for your business, but where do you start? This white paper contains 10 questions to ask when considering a Cloud-based ERP solution.
First and foremost, any Cloud-based ERP solution needs to meet your business operational and process requirements on a feature/functionality level, so your first questions should be:
- Does the solution support your manufacturing process?
- Can the solution be easily modified to meet your business’s specific processes?
- Does the solution unify all of your options?
- Does the solution provide functionality for the broader organisation?
- What performance management and reporting tools are delivered as part of the solution?
- What assurances does the vendor provide in the area of pricing protection?
- What assurances does the vendor provide in the area of business continuity?
- Does the vendor provide you freedom of choice?
- What happens at the end of the relationship? How do you get your data back?
- What is the vendor’s track record? Do they have a long standing, transparent history?
Read the full white paper Ten critical questions small manufacturers should ask before buying a cloud-based ERP solution